Where Will My Malpractice Case Be Filed?

Florida Legal Malpractice > Legal Malpractice Questions > Where Will My Malpractice Case Be Filed?

[vc_row triangle_shape=”no”][vc_column]

[vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]Suppose a lawyer negligently handled a legal matter for you in New Jersey, but now you have retired and you live in Miami Beach. If you sue the lawyer,  you will probably have to sue him in the state where the negligence occurred, i.e., New Jersey.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]In other words, malpractice cases are normally filed where the malpractice occurred or the legal services were to be performed, or sometimes where the defendant resides, and not where the client lived, did business, or moved afterward.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]For malpractice cases occurring in Florida, the plaintiff has the option of suing either in the county where the malpractice occurred, or where one or more of the defendants reside.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row triangle_shape=”no”][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/2ofBSgL-Owo”][vc_empty_space height=”24px”][vc_column_text]

Where Will My Malpractice Case Be Filed?

[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”7px”][vc_column_text]Legal malpractice happens frequently, and most clients don’t even realize it. We handle legal malpractice cases throughout Florida. We would like to hear about your case and see if we may be able to assist you in making a recovery.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”50px”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/1JL82fzkmcU”][vc_empty_space height=”24px”][vc_column_text]

Examples of Legal Malpractice

[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”7px”][vc_column_text]If you think you may be the victim of legal malpractice after working with an attorney in Florida, then please contact us today. We would be happy to review your case and see if we can help.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”50px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row triangle_shape=”no” css=”.vc_custom_1447678706891{padding-top: 53px !important;padding-bottom: 80px !important;}”][vc_column]

Do you need help with your legal malpractice case?